Why Pray Scripture? https://kayleneyoder.com/scripture-prayer/
1. Praying Scripture places our focus on our Heavenly Father and His promises rather than our situations or other people. When we focus on how good and faithful God is to us, the enemy loses ground in our hearts & minds and has no more power over us.
2. In praying Scripture we know we are praying truth. Occasionally I don’t know how to pray, or I have no words. However, speaking & praying Scripture over our situations helps us know that we are praying in the right spirit even when there is little else we know what to say.
3. Praying Scripture grows our trust in the Lord. When we speak what is in God’s written word, we know He backs our prayers and petitions. James promises that He will not change like the shifting shadows, so when we pray a promise from His Word, we have the assurance that He hears us and will answer according to His Word.
4. Praying Scripture grows our love for the Lord. As we learn to lay claim to His Word with power and authority, we begin to love the Author of those words more and more.
5. Praying Scripture effectively evicts the enemy from your life and situations. When we speak the living Word of God, which is the two-edged sword of the Spirit, the enemy must flee. Praying God’s own words over our lives, homes, family and loved ones, will draw boundaries in the spiritual war zones that the enemy dares not cross.
Nate Smith is a college baseball and football coach, a husband, a father of 6 girls, grandpa to 3 granddaughters, a police chaplain, a pastor, and has a passion to see men grow in Christ.
#girldad including granddaughter